Thursday, October 2, 2014

Blessings

I did in fact go to church last night. The moment the opening sing came on, I knew I was where I needed to be. I may not always have my stuff together but I am doing what I can. I need to give God control and do my part to live by His will. I cannot fix everything but I can take joy in small things and do what I can to bring joy. 
And the extra days of rest that I am finding so difficult, I will also look to those as a blessing. My body needs recovery. I am giving my body what it needs. I won't suddenly forget how to run. I may run even stronger thanks to the extra rest. I am still on track to accomplish my goals. Adjustments are often necessary.  No need to punish myself. Rejoice that I am taking a break and thank my body for allowing me to do all the great things that I set out to do. Rest does not equal laziness. No shame today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment