Sunday, October 12, 2014

M2M 2014

Yesterday's relay was amazing! Everyone did well and were great to spend the day with in and out of the van. I was also pleasantly surprised with how well my body held up. I wasn't even stiff for my last leg of the day. It all felt great. I will admit to feeling slightly intimidated by the second leg of 5.6 miles. But I walked the inclines and did what I needed to get through and finish strong. My last leg showed mile markers for the 50k. I had memories of running it the first year. Miles 18-21 were so tough and felt so desolate. I remembered how I cried a little and how Sami saved me that day. It made me happy and proud to feel so much stronger this time down that stretch. I had passed people and still wasn't hurting. Learning to take care of my body is paying off. I will continue to do the right things so I can keep getting stronger and faster. I'm not even sore today. I could almost cry knowing that I'm really getting it this time. There is still some fear, but I know I will be stronger than my fear and finally conquer this ugly monster. Seeing so many wonderful people throughout the day helped make the day what it was: Awesome and Amazing. Encouraging words from Stephanie before leg two and a hug from Annie before the team finish, really helped me feel like I count and that I deserve to be healthy. I am so proud of my team's accomplishments yesterday. And I also immensely proud of how far I have come and how much stronger I continue to get. The feeling I feel now is worth the struggle it took to get here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment