Thursday, October 9, 2014

Continued homework

This time I am supposed to journal about my runs and how I was feeling surrounding that run, what all I had going on at the time, and how it felt. Tuesday was my first run post Double Half Mary weekend. And for the record, the weekend of back to back half marathons felt great! Great people, great weather, and smart running with strong finishes. Surprised my self both days with having juice at the end to kick in at the finish. Doug was a great encourager and really helped make the weekend happen. 

Tuesday's run started out brutal. It's hard to way off work, pick up E, and get across town in time for the group run. This time, E had gotten in trouble and had to wait for an incident report. And then I got a call from the director filling me in on what happened. Then I had to her E' side of it and discuss it with him. So I was already tired and stressed. And late. So I started by myself Nd really just tried to focus on listening to my body and running in a way that felt good. It took a couple of miles to get into the groove. I did pick up a friend at the turnaround Nd has a nice fast finish. I felt much better by the end of the run and E even complimented me on how quickly I was able to catch up to people. So it turned out to be a good night and a good run. 

Last night's film moon run in Omaha at Cunningham lake also started out stressful. I was looking forward to it all day bit got started late. It was dark and rainy when we got there so we missed the entrance. Twice. Thankfully Omaha friends had waited behind for me and directed me where to go. I'm so thankful for the friends I've made this year. A trail run at night was just what I needed. Coleen, Doug, and Dave are amazing and totally made the trip and the run worth it. I can't wait I see them in a few weeks at the Goatz 50k. 
Oh and dinner at Arby's with Marcus after the run was delicious! I even had my own curly fries!!! And I am definitely looking forward to two days of rest before the market to market relay this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment